We provide Thyroid Hormone Therapy treatment for women with thyroid imbalances so that they can remain strong, vital, and enjoy life!
Thyroid Hormone Therapy has been proven to can help women with thyroid issues enjoy a better quality of life.
At Dallas Anti-Aging & Wellness, we understand how a thyroid hormone imbalance can severely impact a woman’s quality of life. That is why we include Thyroid Hormone Therapy among our hormone replacement services.
Thyroid hormone therapy is used to bring abnormally low or high levels of natural thyroid hormones in the body back into proper balance. Thyroid hormones are closely related to metabolism. This is why thyroid imbalances can severely impact your energy levels and ability to enjoy life.
A woman can suffer from hypothyroidism – where her body is not making enough thyroid hormone, or hyperthyroidism if they are making too much thyroid hormone. However, hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone) is the far more common problem requiring treatment with Thyroid Hormone Therapy.
Because every cell of the human body is affected by thyroid hormones, thyroid hormone imbalances can often impact your level or other critical hormones as well such as testosterone and human growth hormone.
Our Thyroid Therapy treatments for women are designed to bring all of your hormones back into proper balance for optimal health.
What Are the Benefits of Thyroid Hormone Therapy for Women?
There is not one simple treatment for thyroid imbalances. Thyroid hormone therapy could include iodine supplements, thyroid replacement hormones, along with diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes. The goal of thyroid hormone treatment is to return normal thyroid functioning as much as possible. The benefits of thyroid hormone therapy for women include:
- Improved energy – One of the most common symptoms of thyroid dysfunction in women is a feeling of fatigue and a lack of energy. Thyroid hormone therapy can reverse this effect and improve energy and vitality.
- Better tolerance of cold/improved temperature regulation – Another telltale sign of a thyroid issue is a poor tolerance to cold and/or an inability to properly regulate body temperature. Thyroid hormone therapy can prevent the common fluctuations between sweating and feeling cold that are typical of a thyroid imbalance.
- Improved mood – Thyroid hormone therapy helps bring all hormones into balance, resulting in fewer mood swings and less anxiety and depression.
- Improved libido and sexual function – Our patients on thyroid hormone therapy report improved sex drive and more satisfying sexual relations.
- Improved memory and focus – Thyroid hormone therapy can reduce memory loss and “foggy thinking” typical of women suffering from a thyroid hormone imbalance.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of a Thyroid Hormone Imbalance?
You can suffer from either too much or too little thyroid hormone. Each condition has its own set of equally debilitating signs and symptoms.
- Symptoms of low thyroid function
- Brittle hair and nails
- Cold temperature intolerance
- Cold hands and feet
- Decreased sweating
- Dry skin
- Inability to lose weight
- Low libido
- Menstrual irregularities
- Shortness of breath
- Weight gain
- Symptoms of high thyroid function
- Eye/vision changes
- Hair loss
- Rapid heartbeat
- Weight loss
Here at Dallas Anti-Aging & Wellness, we are experienced in recognizing the symptoms of poor thyroid function and can create a Thyroid Hormone Therapy plan that can help to get feeling normal again.
What Makes Us Different?
As a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, we can help confirm if you are suffering from a hormonal balance through proven methods. Once your hormonal imbalance is confirmed, we will provide you with an effective form of treatment to help restore your hormonal levels back to normal.
We Proudly Offer Our Patients the Following Services:
- Hormone Therapy for Women
- Bio-identical Hormone Therapy
- Menopause Treatment
- Adrenal Fatigue Diagnosis and Treatment
We are one of the few clinics in the country trained, certified, and licensed by the inventor in administering O-Shot® and Priapus Shot®, which are platelet-rich plasma treatments.
Nothing brings us more satisfaction than when we are able to help a patient regain the comfort of healthy hormonal levels.
Call us today at 214-646-1523 for a free consultation for hormone replacement therapy at Dallas Anti-Aging & Wellness!
Common Questions About Thyroid Hormone Therapy
What do thyroid hormones do?
The thyroid gland uses iodine to produce hormones that help regulate the body’s metabolism, including growth and other functions of the body. The thyroid gland is the only human tissue that actively absorbs and processes iodine from the diet, usually seafood or iodized salt.
What is hyperthyroidism?
The definition of hyperthyroidism is an overactive thyroid gland. As a result, the thyroid gland produces more hormones than the body needs. These high levels of thyroid hormone can lead to weight loss, increased heart rate, and heat intolerance.
What is hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is defined as an underactive thyroid, which results in the gland producing less thyroid hormone than your body needs.
Which condition is more common, hyperthyroidism, or hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid, is much more common than hyperthyroidism.
What are the risk factors for hypothyroidism?
If you’re concerned about your risk of developing hypothyroidism, there are two main factors to consider—age and sex. Your chances of being hypothyroid increase with age, and they are greater if you’re a woman. Hypothyroidism occurs primarily in women older than 50.
Call us today at 214-646-1523 for a free consultation for thyroid hormone therapy treatment for women at Dallas Anti-Aging & Wellness!